Swim!
Baseline times:
50 yard freestyle 00:56
50 yard breaststroke 01:01
100 yard warm up
1550 yard swim (breast and free)
100 yard cool down
Total: 1750 yards (10 yards short of a mile!)= 25 x 70 laps
My work schedule is a bit crazy right now, worked 2 full night shifts, then last night until midnight, went to bed at 4 am, woke up tired at 10 am. A little tired the first part of the swim, but then I got into it and I felt great. My plan was to do 800 yards and then see how I felt, but I decided to go for 1500 yards.
Last swim I was nauseous the whole day after the swim, not really sure what it was, but this time I made sure to eat 1/2 banana before-hand, I took really short breaks t/o the workout to drink water and stay hydrated. I made sure to warm up/cool down. I think this all really helped, because I swam twice as much and only felt a little "off" when I got out of the pool, othewise great! I think staying hydrated during the swim is key.
The leisure pool was crazy busy, but luckily only two other people were doing laps. This was only my second Saturday swim, but it looks like it's a good day to do laps!
I wanted to also do a bike ride today, but my house is a mess and I need to keep some balance and do some housework before I go to work tonight.
If the weather is good tomorrow I'll get out for another short (7 mile) bike ride before I work again (I'm working 6 shifts in a row!!)
Friday Funny 2441: Parenting Funnies
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment