I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

~ Og Mandino








Race Calendar 2011!

  • Salt Lake City half marathon April 16th
  • Aflac Iron Girl @ Lake Las Vegas April 30th
  • Goldilocks 30 or 60 mile ride May
  • Little Red Century ride--June 4th

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Workout 2/23 Swim

Tuesday 2/23:swim/bike brick
Swim #2
30 min swim: I felt great today, took an easier pace most of the time (except when I was secretly racing the guy in the lane next to me!), only took 2 15-20 second breaks for the whole 30 min swim. When I was feeling a little winded, I did breast stroke, otherwise freestyle. Today I tried breathing on both sides, which worked very well. I felt good!
Right stroke, left stroke, right stroke--breath right...
Left stroke, right stroke, left stroke--breath left...
I was paying so much attention to my breathing that I lost count of laps though, but I think I swam about 1/2 mile. :)

After I got out of the pool, I felt really warm and then the nausea hit. Ugh. I didn't puke, it was more like an underlying nausea for the rest of the day. Not sure why?? I didn't feel like I over-did it. Pool temp? Time in the pool? Chlorine? I hired a triathlon coach for 4 sessions starting next week, so I'm excited to have some professional help.

After that I still had to do my bike work. It was a beautiful day outside, but I still didn't have some needed cold-weather gear for my bike, so I stayed indoors.
20 min stationary bike @ gym: levels 1-3, keeping RPM 80-90, except one leg drills (each leg x 2 x 1-2min each time) @ 70-80 RPM

I was spent after this workout, and I'm definitely feeling exhausted muscles in my upper body/arms. I think the swimming is taking more of a toll than I thought. I was going to swim tomorrow too, but I think I'll let my upper body rest and just do a run and maybe short bike if the weather is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment