I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

~ Og Mandino








Race Calendar 2011!

  • Salt Lake City half marathon April 16th
  • Aflac Iron Girl @ Lake Las Vegas April 30th
  • Goldilocks 30 or 60 mile ride May
  • Little Red Century ride--June 4th

Friday, April 2, 2010

Training Log--Week 3/29-4/4

3/29: swim/run
1250 yard swim in 27 min
+ 10-15 minutes open turn practice (go swim on you tube has great videos of this and I need a lot of practice!!)
2.5 mile walk/run in 28:28

Details:
Wow, I didn't realize it but my shoulders are still tired from my 1.4 mile swim on Saturday--they felt like lead the first 200 yards. Definitely not a fast paced day for me, just took it easy then practiced open turns.

100 breast warm up
200 free
100 kicks
100 pulls
100 breast
200 free
Alternating 25 breast/25 free x 8 = 400
50 breast cool down

Run 2.5 miles (8 laps = 1 mile):
First 2 miles (including warm up) in 21:39! (that's a 10:50 pace!--I'm excited about anything under 11 min)
4 laps warm up/fast walk
1 min ITB stretch
4 laps run
1 min ITB stretch
4 laps run
1 min ITB stretch
4 laps run
1 min ITB stretch
4 laps walk

So I ran 1.5 miles consecutively without walking--good for me! Then of course the ITB pain kicked in, but it's better than before, I think the stretching worked, even thought I didn't want to take a break. Nice workout even though my body was a little tired and not at peak performance.

3/30: strength/kettlebells
24 minutes kettlebells (lauren brooks 12 min fat blast x 2)

3/31: bike/run
Ooh...my legs are sore today baby!

30 min bike (on indoor trainer)
Zone 1-2, HR 120-130, 90-100 rpm
with 3 x 30 single leg drills
f/b
12 min walk/fast jog on treadmill
incline 5-10, speed 4-4.5 mph
f/b
10 min stretch and abs

4/1: off/rest

4/2: bike/run
40 min bike/run combo on trainer/treadmill
Details:
15 min bike
HR 120-130, zone 2
f/b
10 min treadmill fast/walk-jog
zone 1-2, HR 125-135
f/b
15 min bike
HR 125-135, zone 2
with 2 x 30 sec out-of-seat "hill" drill (HR 157)

4/3: swim/run
Swim: 80 laps = 2000 yards = 1.14 miles in about 43 minutes
walk/slow jog: 2 miles in 24:07

Felt SLOW today in swim and jog. Fastest timed lap in swim was 00:51--what? Last week I was faster. Oh well. I have to remember that everyday won't always be better, I just have to do the workouts no matter what and be consistent. My goal is to finish the race feeling good, not try to be fast.

Details:
Swim:
100 breast
100 free
100 kicks/pulls
2 x 800 free
100 breast

Track: 8 laps = 1 mile (did foam roller for ITB yesterday and this morning)
4 laps walk
stretch ITB
6 laps jog
stretch ITB
3 laps jog
3 laps fast walk


4/4: x-cardio/ST/abs
20 min elliptical
30 min P57 arm/ab booster

I REALLY didn't want to workout today. Went down to my basement to lift weights and it was freezing cold! There was no way I was going to stay down there without doing some cardio to warm me up. All I can say is I sucked it up and stuck it out. Still feeling blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment