I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

~ Og Mandino








Race Calendar 2011!

  • Salt Lake City half marathon April 16th
  • Aflac Iron Girl @ Lake Las Vegas April 30th
  • Goldilocks 30 or 60 mile ride May
  • Little Red Century ride--June 4th

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Training Log--Week 3/22-3/28

3/22: off/rest

3/23: sick--felt like poop!

3/24: Swim/run/bike
30 min swim--1150 yards, PR 50 yards in 00:49!
30 min walk/run--2 miles
32 min bike--8.5 miles

Breakdown: I felt really good today! I slept so much yesterday, I was exhausted from my work stretch. Swim was good until a HS team came and took up my lane! :(

SWIM:
100 warm up breast
50 kicks
100 free
200 pulls
100 breast
400 free
2 x 50 as fast as I can
100 breast cool down

RUN:
2 laps warm up
2 laps fast walk
10 laps run/jog
2 laps walk/cool down

BIKE:
8.5 miles (quick ride before work)
Average speed 16
Max speed 26
Got a bad headache from the wind in my ears, otherwise felt good!


3/25: off/rest


3/26: lazy...

3/27: swim/run, focus on drills
GREAT workout today!
2250 yards Swim (2.06 meters or 1.42 miles!)about 1hr 5 min
50 free PR @ 00:47!
3 mile walk/run in about 39 minutes

Breakdown:
I did so much I can't remember what order, but I did the following to total 2250 yards:
breast
free
kicks with fins
pulls
50 yard sprints x 5

3 mile Walk/run (8 laps = 1 mile)
4 laps warm up/fast walk, fastest pace 1:33 for one lap
4 laps run, fastest pace 1:01 for one lap
4 laps fast walk
4 laps run
4 laps fast walk
4 laps run (insert ITB pain here! ugh...)
2 laps walk-cool down

3/28: bike

8 miles in 32 minutes :(

There's nothing like a little wind to slap you around and show you you're not in great shape after all. Jeez!! Finally a nice day and I get out all excited for a nice long ride. I took a new route today because there are just too many people on the trails on the weekend.

Every way I turned the wind seemed to turn with me, which was really against me. This route also had more hills than I'm used to and I had to stop twice (at the top of the hills) to catch my breath. Normally I cruise at 17-18 mph and today in the wind I had trouble keeping up to 13 mph--I felt like a wimp! It's ok, next time I do this ride I'll be more prepared...

No comments:

Post a Comment