3/15:bike
15.8 mile ride
Average speed 15.2 mph
Max speed 24 mph
Had a great ride today! Felt good, had good energy, rode new route through Willow Park and the Jordan Parkway. The sun was shining, the wind wasn't bone chilling, people waved hi, etc. No pain on my right side (I lowered my saddle 1/2 inch and this feels better). Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day of the week, maybe a 20 mile ride? :)
3/16: swim/run
1150 yard swim f/b 1.5 mile run/walk:
about 31-32 min swim
100 breast wu
200 freestyle
50 kicks
100 breast
200 freestyle
50 kicks
100 breast
200 freestyle
100 breast
50 cool down
Run: 8 laps = 1 mile
2 laps walk
4 laps run
2 laps walk
4 laps run (insert IT band pain! argh!!)
1 lap walk
Felt pretty good during the swim, each time gets more comfortable with stroke/breathing. Since last time I swam I had some shoulder pain afterwards for a few days, I skipped any one arm drills today. Felt really good! Kept a very comfortable pace t/o, no pushing it.
Run felt good initially, but after the first mile my ITB pain kicked in. I stopped to stretch it several times and started running again, but it persisted and anyway, I was late bringing my hubby home some lunch. Overall a good workout, looking forward to another bike ride tomorrow. The temp is in the 60's!! :)
3/17: bike/strength-kettlebells
21.4 miles
12 min kettlebells
I felt great today!! I had an easy ride with my parents today (fell!!)and then did a little kettlebells when I got home.
3/18: choice
30 min P57 arm/ab booster
I planned a run today, but I got called into work tonight and I was just exhausted. Just did the P57 workout. I'm sore from the little fall I took on the bike yesterday. :(
3/19:off/rest day
3/20: swim/run
1600 yard swim
2.25 mile walk/run
It snowed yesterday and I was tired, so I took it as my rest day. TODAY is beautiful!! I wish I would have scheduled my bike ride today, but I was feeling a little behind in my swim/run, so bike will have to wait for tomorrow.
I've been having all sorts of little annyoing back/shoulder pain and soreness the past two weeks. When I got in the water today, my shoulders felt like lead! I kept plugging along though, and eventually I felt pretty good. Here's the breakdown:
100 yard breast warm up
200 yard free
50 yard kicks
200 yard paddles with buoy
200 yards breast
50 kicks
200 free
100 breast
50 kicks
100 free
100 breast
3 x 50 free fast: splits were: 51 sec, 52 sec, 54 sec!! (previous best was 56 sec)
100 breast cool down
run/walk breakdown (8 laps = 1 mile):
2 laps warm up mod walk
6 laps fast/race walk
6 laps jog/run
2 laps fast walk
2 laps cool down
I'm going to have to wake up early tomorrow to get in a bike ride!
3/21: bike
5.7 miles (20 minutes)
average speed: 15.4
Max speed 24.6
Well work last night was really busy and I woke up exhausted. My plan was to ride for 30 minutes before work, but here's what happened. I rode to the park and onto the trail...and there were lots of people and kids on tricycles taking up the whole path. ARGH@?#%$! Parents, this is a shared trail for bikers and runners too--please keep your kids to ONE side! I couldn't possibly ride back that way for fear that I'd want to run someone over, so I decided to do a loop around my house twice...but then some unfortunate, uh...GI problems forced me to stop anyway. Total bummer of a ride, felt good and kept my fastest pace so far. At least I clocked that loop, so I know I can do it 4 times for about 22.8 miles. This is definitely a loop to do during the week though, no more weekends on this trail!
Friday Funny 2441: Parenting Funnies
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment