I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

~ Og Mandino








Race Calendar 2011!

  • Salt Lake City half marathon April 16th
  • Aflac Iron Girl @ Lake Las Vegas April 30th
  • Goldilocks 30 or 60 mile ride May
  • Little Red Century ride--June 4th

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Training Log Week 3/8-3/14

Monday 3/8: rest/off

Tuesday 3/9: swim/run

50 warm up breast stroke
100 freestyle
100 one arm drills
50 fist drills
200 paddle drills
200 kicks
100 cool down

Total 800 yards

Felt good to get in the water and use my new toys (drill stuff).
Frustration! I haven't felt any pain at all and during the one arm drills today my posterior shoulder--right teres minor (?) started hurting. I did the paddle drills but it felt worse so I stopped. :( I hope whatever it is heals fast...

run:
20 min run as I feel: did fast walk, slow run, skips and strides at the indoor track--felt pretty good. Could have done more but I had a dr. appt. today.

Wednesday 3/10: bike
Hmm...my glutes are a little sore today, must be from skips and strides or maybe the swim kick drills. I only did 15 min on the bike trainer today, alternating 15-20 seconds of one leg drills. Surprisingly, my right leg seems stronger than my left. I'm a lefty, so this is the opposite of what I would have thought.

If the weather is good tomorrow, I'm going to go for a bike ride before my run. I'm a total wimp, so if it is COLD WIND like today, I'll stay inside for at least a 30 minute trainer ride.

Thursday 3/11: run with tri coach

Woke up feeling terrible--had to take my dogs to the vet and could barely get there on time. Just didn't sleep good and my energy level is LOW. Besides that, I just couldn't get warm at all--felt cold to my bones today.

It was cold and windy, I ran out on the track at one of the local high schools and froze my butt off (I wish!). Saw a college athlete practicing hurdles next to me--she had amazing legs! I'm still shivering and getting ready to take a hot shower.

I did 8 x 440 yards
lap 1: warm up (ugh, the wind chill!!)
lap 2: 2:27
lap 3: 2:23
Lap 4: 2:21
Lap 5: 2:19
Lap 6: 2:20
Lap 7: 2:20
Lap 8: cool down

Felt ok, no ITB pain, which was good! Running outside, especially in the wind, is A LOT harder than a treadmill! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's--a good day for a bike ride. I just need to find a new route...

(went home after this and was exhausted the rest of the day--felt ick!)

Friday 3/12: bike
11.4 mile bike ride at Willow Park--felt great!

Well I thought today would be warmer and the sun would be shining on me(that's what the weatherman said) but it was cloudy and a little chilly--especially with that #$@!^& wind again! I can't wait until it gets warm. I can't believe I didn't think of going to a park near my house before--it's the perfect place to ride! Easy course, no traffic, etc. My plan was to do 10 miles today, but did 11.4 :)

Saturday 3/13: strength
Cathe Muscle Max (whole body ST) +- 40 min
I haven't lifted in a while (or done abs) = felt like a wimp but it felt good to lift. Definitely going to make sure I get in one full body ST/week and one kettlebell workout/week. Need to keep up my strength!

Sunday 3/14: bike
20 min bike trainer with alternating leg drills
10 min elliptical
5 min abs
I'm in the middle of my work stretch and pretty tired. 2 days off after today!

My right leg definitely feels stronger than my left doing the one leg drills, so I did 25 reps left leg and 20 reps right leg on the drills. I lowered my saddle a bit for comfort--still trying to find the "right" feel on the bike. I wanted to run a mile after the bike but my treadmill is really messed up right now so I hopped on the elliptical instead and followed with 5 min abs (which were sore from yesterdays ab work).

I tweaked my back on Monday and it's getting better, but I probably shouldn't have done back rows yesterday during strength training. My shoulders are sore, as well as my left thigh. I've been rolling my ITB with The Stick and my foam roller, hopefully it keeps getting better. Not sure if I should swim tomorrow or not...(with some posterior shoulder/back pain. I think I can do kicks and breast stroke ok though--just not one arm drills or freestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment