I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

~ Og Mandino








Race Calendar 2011!

  • Salt Lake City half marathon April 16th
  • Aflac Iron Girl @ Lake Las Vegas April 30th
  • Goldilocks 30 or 60 mile ride May
  • Little Red Century ride--June 4th

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Training Log--Week 4/5-4/11

4/5: off/rest

4/6: bike training session/ST
40 minutes computrainer
I've had some issues getting together with my tri coach, but today I went to his studio and did a cool computrainer workout--sweet! I loved it! It's a pre-programmed ride mixed with a little of every terrain. The computer is set up to change the resistance on your bike, so you have to shift gears just like you were really riding the hills, etc. It was really good practice for me and I learned to use some gears I haven't tried yet.
Next week I'm going again and I'll race myself and try to beat today's time! I want to take off at least 2 minutes!

4/7: Swim/run
1 mile swim in under 40 minutes
3 mile walk/run in 37 min(ITB pain after first mile, I walked the rest)

Details:
SWIM:
100 breast
100 kicks
100 free
200 pulls
400 free
200 breast
400 free
200 breast

TRACK:
4 laps walk
6 laps run
2 laps walk
10 laps walk
2 lap run
1 lap walk


4/8: strength/abs
50 minutes full body ST--Cathe Muscle Max Timesaver premix

4/9: off/rest

4/10: swim/short run
Swim: 1850 yards (1.1 miles), about 40 minutes
Run: 2.12 miles in 26 minutes

Details:
SWIM:
100 breast
100 kicks
150 pulls
100 breast
400 free
150 breast
800 free
50 breast

RUN: (8 laps = 1mile)
4 laps warm up/fast walk
4 laps run
4 laps fast walk
4 laps run (last lap sprint)
1 lap cool down



4/11:off

No comments:

Post a Comment